No sound when connected via Bluetooth:
- Please make sure the speaker is on and you're paired to it.
- Is the speaker power on and paired to your Bluetooth enabled device?
- Make sure that you do not have an AUX cable plugged into the speaker, it will cancel all Bluetooth connections.
- If an AUX cable is plugged into the speaker, does removing it solve the problem?
- Please make sure that the volume on your mobile device and the BlueSYNC TWR are turned up.
- Does changing the volume on the speaker or your paired device enable you to hear audio?
- Please make sure that your mobile Bluetooth device is within 30 feet of the BlueSYNC TWR. The maximum Bluetooth range may vary in different environments and on the paired device.
- If you move the device closer to the speaker, does sound come through?
No sound when connected via AUX:
- Please make sure the BlueSYNC TWR is powered on.
- Is the speaker powered on?
- Connect your non-Bluetooth device into the AUX port on the rear of the speaker with the supplied cable, when an AUX connection is made, there will be a red LED illuminated on the top right of the speaker. Press play on your connected device.
- Is the red LED on and is there sound coming from the speaker?
- If you do not hear sound, turn the volume up on the connected device and on the speaker.
- Is there sound coming from the speaker now?
- If there is still not sound, please try unplugging the AUX cable and plugging it back in. Make sure there is a secure connection into the media device and into the speaker.
- Does making sure there is a secure connection solve the problem?
- Please try using a different AUX cable if you have one available.
- Does sound come from the speaker when a different AUX cable is used?
Please contact customer service if the troubleshooting above does not solve the problem.