To alter the settings, please follow the steps below:
- Sony installs a blocking program on some of their computer models that prohibits the use of non Sony batteries in their computers. This software can be disabled by altering the settings for the battery.
- If this does not work then the battery may either be defective or non compatible.
1. Click on the Start Button.
2. Click on Run.
3. In the box that appears, type msconfig and press OK.
4. The System Configuration Utility will now open. Choose the startup tab.
5. Find the program called ISB Utility or ISB Manager (ISBMgr.exe) and uncheck the check box next to it.
6. Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the menu. Now click OK.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Upon reboot, you may see a message that says your system configurations have changed. Choose the option to “do not show this message in the future”.
9. If the System Configuration Utility is still open you may now close it by clicking the OK button.
You may now use your Accessory Power battery without the Sony error. At any time you can restore the Sony blocking utility by performing the reverse process.