- While your computer is running, insert the USB plug. The drivers will automatically install; after being notified that the driver installation is complete, the keyboard is ready to use.
- Does your computer recognize the keyboard?
- Does it power on?
- Try plugging the keyboard in to another USB port
- Does changing to a different USB port power the keyboard on?
- The USB connection cable may not be securely plugged into the active USB port, inspect and unplug then plug in
- Does disconnecting the USB cord then reinserting the cord solve the problem?
- Try restarting the computer with the keyboard plugged in.
- Does your computer recognize the keyboard now?
If a recent Windows 10 update has caused your keyboard to no longer be recognized and/or does not power on, please try the following:
- Run all available Windows 10 updates
- Follow this link to check for updates official from Microsoft
- Restart the computer without the keyboard plugged in
- Once everything has rebooted, plug the keyboard back into a powered USB port
- Wait for your computer to recognize the keyboard
- Does it power on now?
- If this still has not solve the issue, please contact Microsoft Customer Service