- If the blue lights are on when the switch is toggled, please try turning the volume knob.
- If the knob is turned can you hear any sound?
- Verify all the cables are securely plugged into the correct inputs.
- Does sound come from the speakers now?
- Try plugging a different media device into the speakers.
- Do the speakers work with the alternate media device?
- Try plugging the satellite speakers into the media device. Please note the LED lights will not turn on.
- Does audio play from both speakers?
- Please ensure the BassPULSE is toggled to the correct output method. If you have a 5.1 sound card, ensure the switch is toggled accordingly. If you do not have a 5.1 sound card, please ensure the BassPULSE is toggled to the 2.1 output method.
- Are you able to get audio now?
- If the speaker is powering on but not playing audio or the audio continues to come from the computer speakers, the speaker settings will need to be changed.
If using with a Mac, if you are not getting any sound when plugged in via USB, please try the following:
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left hand corner of your screen.
- Select system preferences
- Select the Sound option
- Inside the sound panel, click on output at the top of the panel in the middle.
- Click on USB Audio Device to change sound output from Internal Speakers to C-Media PCI Speakers.
If using with a PC, if you are not getting any sound when plugged in via USB, please try the following:
1. Go to Start
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Sounds and Audio Devices
4. Under Volume Tab, where it says Speaker Settings, go to Advanced
5. In Advanced Audio Properties, select C-Media PCI Speakers
If the above does not help:
1. Under Sounds and Audio Devices, go to the Hardware tab
2. Find the Speaker and select Troubleshoot
If you are trying to listen to music via iTunes, go back to the system preferences, and click on Quicktime.
- Inside the Quicktime settings change sound output from Internal Speakers to C-Media PCI Speakers.
- Go to Start
- Go to Control Panel
- Sounds and Audio Devices
- Under Volume Tab, where it says Speaker Settings, go to Advanced
- In Advanced Audio Properties, select Laptop Stereo Speakers
Please contact customer service if the troubleshooting above does not solve the problem.