- Make sure the FlexSMART X2 is in pairing mode and the blue and red lights are both flashing by pressing and holding the call button.
- Do the lights alternate flashing after holding the call button down?
- If not, unplug the FlexSMART X2 to power it down and reinsert into the outlet.
Pairing a Bluetooth device to the FlexSmart X2:
- Make sure your Bluetooth device is within at least 1 meter of the FlexSMART X2 when trying to pair.
- Enter pairing mode by holding down the call button.
- Continue holding the call button until both the call/end call buttons are flashing blue and red (this indicates pairing mode).
- Once in pairing mode, select SEARCH on your device to search for the Bluetooth signal output but the FlexSMART X2.
- You will see the name FLEXSMART X2 appear in the device list. Select it to pair, if a password or pin is needed enter the numbers "0000". You may have to select FLEXSMART X2 and press connect.
- When a successful connection has been made the end call button will light up for a hands free connection, and the call button will light up for a audio/music connection. Your mobile device should indicate a connected status.
Please contact customer service if the troubleshooting above does not solve the problem.