Stability Adjustment for Flex Units
In some vehicle applications, the Flex unit may be seated too high to be convenient. In this case, you can reposition the cradle so that the neck will be angled downward when installed in the lighter outlet. This also makes the Flex unit more stable.
1) At the back of the cradle, completely unscrew the adjustment knob. Be sure to mind the nut on the other side of the hinge, as it may fall out.
2) Slowly separate the cradle from the neck.
3) Rotate the cradle upside down from original position and re-insert into hinge.
4) Screw adjustment knob into holes, but do not tighten completely.
5) Reinstall Flex unit into car outlet. Adjust cradle to desired angle. Tighten adjustment knob.